1. Making the most of my last few weeks of sunny empty days by spending as much time as possible writing on the beach. This has mostly resulted in weird ink stains and patchy tanlines, but I’m slowly unwinding my brain from the jumble it’s been in.
2. My Eve’s Needle cactus is thriving like it never has before this summer! Of all my plant babies, this one’s my oldest; she somehow survived years of neglect, just somehow quietly getting along in spite of my regularly forgetting to water or fertilize her. And then over the pandemic, I discovered my green thumb and started taking proper care of her, and suddenly she’s sprouting right up!
3. I did a short clay workshop a few months ago, and made this weird little feline creature, with her vague anime Bastet vibes. I’ve been taking her everywhere with me, my new totem!
4. This summer has been definitely been a good time for my plants, also wound up water propping my little peperomia… every time I go to water my little sprouts there’s always a new leaf or two, which is kinda amazing!
5. I took my first hand-thrown pottery class and made these two wobbly uneven little containers! Depending on how they survive being fired, I’ll probably turn them into more pots for my growing plant collection, ha.
6. Really been enjoying my newly discovered green thumb lately. Germinating a couple little basil seeds, and also slowly sprouting tiny roots on a couple arms of my Eve’s Needle cactus!
7. Quick dinner, miso soup with loads of wakame, grilled salmon, and some edamame.