My favourite local restaurant! The owners are super sweet and the Japanese-based tapas are absolutely stunning. Their menu changes up on a regular basis, so I get to try different things every time I come back. This time, I got a bunch of random appetizers for takeout: croquette uni creme, jellyfish kanikama, and confit beef tongue.Continue reading “Noah’s Cafe.”
1. Quiet heatwave day at the beach. Also I have developed a weird fondness for my watch + ring tan now.
2. Finally picked up a string of turtles! And in a lovely vintage brass pot to boot. Also got regifted a rosemary plant that someone gave my parents, which is now happily resettled into a fantastic handmade pot Chels gave me!
3. Took my beloved Minolta out for an airing for the first time since the pandemic kicked in. With bonus grumpy cat clay creation that I haven’t been able to stop fidgeting with.
4. Ikura success! It took a horrifying amount of time to unshuck this jarful of salmon roe from their egg sacs, but somehow they transformed into these lovely little intense orange gems.
5. Finally reunited with one of my besties after a year and a half apart and we had good tea, great chats, and I left with a handful of lemon mint cuttings that smell ridiculously fantastic and will hopefully sprout for me